Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

For a Happy Child

Friday, March 6, 2015

Having four maternal uncles and an aunt living in the same town and that too in a joint family, visiting them has always been a delight. I have had the privilege to attend their marriages and also witness them become first time parents. And so, I have seen a dozen of my cousins grow up in front of my own eyes, and every time I visited them, in my own arms. Lately, one of my cousin was blessed with a baby girl, further summing up to the lot. And in all these years, I have realized that there’s absolutely nothing like seeing little ones dissolve into irrepressible belly laughs. These bundles of joy are no-doubt the best creation of god.

Here is a list of some of the sweet, silly and funny things that never failed to add a smile to their chubby faces.

Making unusual sounds, even burps, works well. It is one of the most common tricks to make them happy.
Make funny faces.
Kids like observing animals. It could be a pet cat, a dog or even stray sheep and cattle.
Their hands and legs automatically move to the beats of loud music. And trust me, they never dance without a riant face.
The spoon turned a plane, every time Di fed me with veggies.
The sure shot is that whenever you look at stranger kids in bus/train with a smile, they stare for a moment and then smile back as if they just met the best person of their life.
Toys with motion.
Lying on the bed, making them sit on your feet and swing your knuckles up and down.
Tickling their feet, armpits, or booing their tummy and get rewarded with uncontrollable giggles.
Picking me in arms is what used to please me when I was a kid.
Pick them up in air and spin around.
That moment, when you are trying to make your baby giggle and he already knows what’s going to happen next and starts laughing beforehand, is something that will make you grow younger by a decade.

There is also something that you need to keep in mind, something they won’t warn before they pee or poo in your hands. So a diaper that could keep his full tummy dry is probably what kick starts his happy mood, and save your hands from getting poopified. However most diapers only focus on being leak proof and ensure dryness on the outside, thus providing discomfort to the kid. Something that could also maintain the dryness of the baby’s skin is the real need so he can enjoy the most magnificent days of his life without any visible hitches.

This post is a part of Indiblogger contest for Pampers